July 18, 2009

The Last Shot.









The final stint at CHOICE has come to an end.
These are some of the photographs that the last photo therapy session produced.
We now have a treasure trove of such photographs which can be used n a variety of ways in the future. As reader's might remember, my project was to have ended in an awareness exhibition. However, due to financial constraints this has been shelved, for the time being. Instead I'm putting together a small docu using these photographs, health economics, and a bit of my journey. Ratna and Dr.D.Chatterjeeare being very helpful. Fun Fact: I still have to find an editor, who'll work for free! So that's a little worry.
I'm hoping to have round it up by mid-August.. Seagull Open House is coming up, so I'm really very excited!
Though my internship has come to an end, I have decided to keep visiting Lumbini at least a couple of times a month..
I feel inexorably linked to the place and the people.
But an expanse of bittersweet feelings surface with the knowledge that CHOICE itself will be winding up.. It's been over a year, and I've learnt so so very much from every person I've interacted with!
Without CHOICE and Seagull the photo therapy project would not have been possible. It's opened up several exciting avenues. I feel much more confident about the project and it's usefulness and perhaps even necessity. I think it's a great form of therapy and we've hit upon some brilliant photographer's :)
We all eagerly looked forward to Friday mornings, which is when we usually had photo therapy sessions at Lumbini. They gradually eased into the classes, and by the end of it, some of them were really looking forward to handling the camera and coming up with beautifully framed shots. I have to admit that I was tremendously shaky when the project started, but at the end of it, looking back I feel tremendously grateful and a great deal more confident.
I am eagerly looking forward to the completion of a documentary and future projects with photo therapy.
And if it weren't for CHOICE it wouldn't even exist..
It's been a great great experience working here..
Of course, we'll all keep running into each other.
Cheers.

No comments: