July 05, 2008

This Week...

This last week has been rather interesting. I have been blogging on two blogs (The Choice Blog and the Writeherewritenow Blog. Since I don't want material on the blogs to overlap, I've decided to write about my Experiences and personal growth on this blog while I'm going to be documenting news of the Workshops on the Writeherewritenow Blog.


This week, I've had a meeting with Sanjoy Mukherjee of NIE who seems interested in the "Writing as Therapy" idea, but I'm still awaiting confirmation from him.

Like I've already stated in my previous post, Writeherewritenow has a Facebook Group. The Facebook group is really helping in terms of networking and getting people to write guest columns for Writeherewritenow. We already have one for August and the ones for September, October and November are on their way.

The idea is to ensure that Writeherewritenow an active online community and so participation is absolutely essential. I've been getting hold of kids and telling them to write. However ( I don't know whether this is true for only the kids that I've been interacting with or kids in general) they are far more comfortable playing with Playstation 2. So it really IS a good idea to get them involved in writing.

On the very first day that I met Megha, she explained to me that the site was for people who wanted to take writing seriously and it didn't NECESSARILY mean Creative Writing. The Website is also important for children who want to become editors or go into publishing later on.


I've been having a lot of fun, working and learning. I've made some really stupid mistakes as well (largely due to ignorance and inexperience), but it's a learning experience and I'm enjoying every moment of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi reeti...

good to hear from you as usual.
i understand your decision to focus on distinct things while writing for two blogs so that there are no overlaps. but i would still ask you to write very briefly about your workshops or workshop experiences at certain intervals here on the Choice blog as well. don't worry about overlaps. these are not rival newspapers or anything :)

good to know about the facebook group. i justy joined it.

by the way, what is NIE, and what is Sanjoy Mukherjee about?

Reeti said...

NIE is Newspaper In Education...basically it's the Times Of India Student Edition.Sanjoy Mukherjee is the head of marketing. I spoke to him today.He was out of town for a bit so he'll get back to me soon.

Thanks for joining the Facebook Group. Alright, I shall write about the workshops from time to time.