June 28, 2008

The Week that Was

The week started off rather badly and affected me more than I thought it would. After having been promised a meeting at Crossword Bookstore, I went there all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed hoping that I would be able to sit down and discuss what Writeherewritenow was all about with the Marketing Manager of Crossword.

What I thought would be a half an hour meeting turned out to be a twenty second meeting, with the Marketing Manager telling me that they "only organise stuff during holidays". When I politely inquired as to whether they have events on Saturdays and Sundays,she said that they did and asked me to "leave my stuff behind. I had the Writeherewritenow posters with me,so I left them at Crossword and came out of the Bookstore.

Thankfully,the rest of the week was brighter.Writeherewritenow has one new member this week and a lot of paperwork has been sorted out.I am aiming to set up at least two Workshops this month,one of which will be for WritehereWritenow members. I am also trying to get the Lifeline Project to kickstart.Will keep updating this blog as and when I get things done.

What I learnt this week was to not take things and situations for granted and to take setbacks well (I obviously didn't, in this case),but I have a long way to go and these are merely stepping stones which will help me learn to do my work well.

3 comments:

i am that said...

who did you meet at crossword?

Anonymous said...

well, that's a really honest post. thanks a lot, reeti...

you are right: we do get disappointed with big people at times. i have faced it so many times, and i face it still. it dampens your mood for sure.
the truth is that most of the corporate world has pretty inflexible model of functioning that they are not generally open to innovations. which is quite an irony. but i think it will work out with Crossword. you just have to be really insistent, and keep bothering them again and again.

also, it's great to have a sort of proposal written and ready for people like that. you guys perhaps already have that. if not, then you could think about it seriously. if you need any help, let me know...

and all the best... :)

Unknown said...

oho good dear !!!! very interesting blog and a good posting !!! you must maintain your blog, its interesting !!! Nice Buddy
________________________________

Research Papers To Buy